Lean Belly Breakthrough$37.00
Author identity and qualifications5.0/10
Scientific basis of program9.0/10
Presentation of program0.0/10
- Real, qualified author
- Testimonials are not stolen photos
- Presence of genuine, positive testimonials from third party sources
- Presence of money back guarantee
- Based on a solid scientific foundation
- Author doesn't disclose that 'Dr Heinrick' is a pseudonym
- Untrustworthy testimonials using recycled photos; Used different names on the same photos on different websites
- Annoying marketing tactics used
- Video presentation is too long
- Author apparently doesn't learn from his mistakes, doubles down by passing a stock photo as that of 'Dr Heinrick' in website update
It has been over two years since I initially reviewed Lean Belly Breakthrough by fitness trainer Bruce Krahn. Back then I initially (and justifiably) called it a scam. But after a defense from Bruce himself and two years of gathering feedback from third parties, I decided to look deeper into the program itself and see what it’s actually about … and yes, it is not a scam.
So in this final review, you’ll find out all you need to know about this product, my encounter with its author, and the reasons why this product
is now officially going into my Whitelist (removed: read on to find out why). This review is going to be very factual and comprehensive so brace yourselves for a good read!
Created in February 2016 for people 35 years and older, Bruce claims that Lean Belly Breakthrough helped his 55-year old father-in-law Dan to ‘suddenly lose 9 pounds of deadly belly fat in just 3 days and another 30 pounds a month later without surgery or dangerous drugs’ just a few days after suffering a heart attack while aboard a plane. Dan’s 48-year old wife Sylvie also supposedly used the program and ‘lost 7 pounds of stubborn belly fat the first three days and another 22 pounds one month later.’ Lean Body Breakthrough, according to Bruce, is a ‘shockingly effective, simple 2-minute ritual’ that is capable of making you look and feel ‘decades younger.’
Backstory of Lean Belly Breakthrough
According to the backstory, Bruce’s parents-in-law Dan and Sylvie – who were both suffering from belly fat, diabetes and arthritis – were aboard a plane going to Dan’s ‘boyhood home in Europe’ when Dan suffered a heart attack, forcing the pilot to make an emergency landing in Germany. He was then transported to an unnamed German hospital where he met a certain ‘Dr. Heinrick,’ who gave him a ‘breakthrough new protocol’ to help him lose his belly fat and save his life. This program, Heinrick claims, has a ‘100% success rate’ with his patients. Long story short, Dan and Sylvie return home from Germany, Dan calls Bruce, gives him ‘two, 3-ring binders each containing 29 pages of easy-to-follow instructions’ from Dr Heinrick and boom … Lean Belly Breakthrough is born.
That said, who is Bruce Krahn?
Who is Bruce Krahn?
Bruce Krahn is a Canadian fitness trainer, health speaker and the author of three ‘best selling’ books The Fat Fighter Diet, Trouble Spot Fat Loss and Trouble Spot Training. According to the information on his website, his books and public speaking has ‘touched the lives of more than 500,000 people from all walks of life.’ He also claims to have personally trained several celebrities including Canadian singer Nelly Furtado, American magician Criss Angel, Canadian musician Tom Cochrane and WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus.
Apart from Lean Body Breakthrough, Krahn also owns and operates eBodi.com, an online ‘virtual coaching’ club for those who want to burn fat and gain some muscles. From what I can see however, that site is no longer maintained or promoted as it has virtually no traffic going to it.
Bottom Line: Bruce Krahn is just a fitness coach with general, fundamental knowledge about health and so is not qualified to give instructions on how to use natural remedies to reverse serious medical conditions like heart attack and high body cholesterol. That explains why Lean Belly Breakthrough – a program that is highly medically oriented – could have only be written using input from a medical professional in ‘Dr Heinrick’.
Scientific Basis of Lean Belly Breakthrough
While explaining the scientific basis behind his product, Bruce claims that the reason why people 35 years and older have issues with belly fat, diabetes, etc is ‘a hidden internal irritation’ … and Lean Belly Breakthrough was created to combat this ‘deadly irritation’ and reverse its detrimental effects in the body.
This explanation didn’t make any sense to me the first time I reviewed Lean Belly Belly Breakthrough, as he failed to explicitly define what he means by ‘irritation.’ So I took a screenshot of his explanation (below) and concluded that his program is based on nonsense.
It turns out, however, that Bruce is actually referring to CHRONIC INFLAMMATION. During his defense to Contra Health Scam back in 2016, Bruce said he decided to use ‘irritation’ instead of ‘chronic inflammation’ because ‘people have heard that a million times before.’
‘When this happens people become “blind” to the term and don’t take action,’ he continued. ‘The program cant help anybody if they don’t use it. The use of a different term is so that people pay attention.’
Well, sure, chronic inflammation is a proven cause of weight gain and belly fat in older individuals. Repeating it in his presentation still would have made people pay attention, just as people pay attention when the phrase ‘intermittent fasting’ or ‘ketosis’ is used. I actually advised him to replace ‘irritation’ with ‘chronic inflammation’ but two years later, he still hasn’t done it. OK then.
Now how does Lean Belly Breakthrough plan on fighting chronic inflammation?
How Lean Belly Breakthrough Fights Chronic Inflammation
After going through the Lean Belly Breakthrough program, it became clear to me that the program intends to fight chronic inflammation by eliminating what Bruce calls ‘pro-inflammatory’ foods and replacing them with their ‘anti-inflammatory’ counterparts. Apart from that, you have to go through ‘4 rituals’ for a period of 14 days. These ‘rituals’ include:
1. Adjusting your meal frequency: Here Bruce recommends for people living sedentary lifestyles to only eat three times a day, each meal spread 8-10 hours apart. By doing this, Bruce says you’ll allow your body to ‘clear’ insulin, the body’s fat storing hormone, from your bloodstream before the next meal. Absence of insulin in the blood during that time, implies Bruce, gives the body the chance to break down stuff in the body, fat cells included. And to guarantee fat burning, Bruce suggests you eat fewer calories a day.
2. Adjust Eating Window: By leaving an 8-12 hour window between meals daily, Bruce says you’ll leave the body approximately 14-16 hours without food. This, according to Bruce, gives the body enough time to lower its blood insulin levels and allow your body to start breaking down stuff like fat cells. Making this ‘ritual’ a habit also helps to decrease the urge for binge eating since the energy provided by the broken down fat cells will fuel the body.
3. Adjust Food Amount: This particular ritual is all about calorie counting. According to Bruce, your body needs to be in a calorie deficit before it can burn excess fat. So by reducing the amount of calories you consume everyday or burning them constantly via exercise, you’ll force the body to look elsewhere for the extra calories it needs – fat stored in your body.
4. Choose the Right Foods: As I already mentioned, Lean Belly Breakthrough fights chronic inflammation by eliminating pro-inflammatory foods from your diet and replacing them with their anti-inflammatory counterparts. The pro-inflammatory foods listed by Lean Belly Breakthrough include the usual culprits – processed foods and fruit juices, commercially packaged white bread and baked foods, fried foods, processed cheese, ice cream and frozen desserts, etc., while their anti-inflammatory counterparts include:
- Bird meat and meat from grass-fed animals and wild game;
- Fibers like spinach and cabbage;
- Starchy carbs like brown rice and oats;
- Legumes like dried beans and peas;
- Healthy fats like fish oil, organic, unsalted butter;
- Beverages like green tea
- Fruits (berries, citrus, kiwi etc)
- Spices like turmeric (Bruce laid emphasis on turmeric).
- Nuts like almonds and walnuts;
- Cow milk alternatives like rice milk, hemp milk (Bruce says cow milk can cause inflammation)
Other ‘rituals’ include having an ‘anti-inflammatory protein smoothie for breakfast’, doing some simple exercises, meditation and tips on how to get better sleep.
By now, you may be wondering: But what of the ‘shockingly effective, simple 2-minute ritual’ we’re told in the presentation? Well the truth of the matter is, there is no such ritual. Instead, all I found in the program itself is this statement: ‘The rituals are very fast (most take less than 2 minutes) and are easy to implement.’ Say hi to the good old marketing tactic!
Does Lean Belly Breakthrough Work?
From what I’ve seen in the program, I don’t have any reason to say that it doesn’t work. The program is scientifically sound and the recommendations make sense, some of them are even common knowledge. Of course it won’t work for everyone, but that will be because of human differences and not the quality of the program.
Pricing of Lean Belly Breakthrough
Lean Belly Breakthrough costs $37. It is also sex-specific, as two separate buy buttons are provided for both sexes.
The program also comes with a 60 day money back guarantee. So if you are not satisfied with the product, you can ask for your refund by contacting Lean Belly Breakthrough support at email@example.com (with ‘Refund Request’ as the subject) or you can contact Clickbank (the retailer) directly for your money back.
Bruce assures me that they honor refund requests so feel free to verify that by contacting his team directly for your refund.
Pros of Lean Belly Breakthrough
- Author is real and qualified to give advice about fitness and nutrition.
- The testimonials are not stolen photos
- Presence of genuine, positive testimonials from third parties
- Program is based on a solid scientific foundation
- Presence of a money back guarantee.
- Bruce Krahn made an effort to correct some of his scammy advertising tactics I noted in my first review. So I’ll give credit where credit is due.
Cons of Lean Belly Breakthrough
1. The ‘Dr Heinrick’ Issue.
One of my biggest issues with Lean Belly Breakthrough the first time I reviewed it was that my investigation revealed that ‘Dr Heinrick’ does not exist. This finding was actually the main reason why I initially called this program a scam. It was until two months later that Bruce told me in his defense that Dr Heinrick is the pseudonym of the real German doctor who treated his parents-in-law. Using a pseudonym to sell a health program is a big no-no and I will never advise anyone to buy or sign up for such programs because of the obvious risks involved. So I advised Bruce to disclose the pseudonym status of the name ‘Dr Heinrick’ on his website. But almost three years later, he still hasn’t made this disclosure. Looks like he doesn’t see the importance, or he fears that doing it will damage the reputation of his program.
Update 11.06.2019: The Lean Belly Breakthrough website has been updated with a photo of what we’re meant to believe is Dr. Heinrick. Unfortunately, my investigation reveals that the photo is nothing more than the combination of two stock photos from Shutterstock and Colourbox.com:
So it’s safe to assume that Bruce Krahn never learns from his marketing mistakes…instead, he doubles down on it. That will definitely cost him.
2. Untrustworthy Testimonials Used
In my first review of Lean Belly Breakthrough, I reported that Bruce was recycling testimonial photos from his older product Trouble Sport Nutrition and his personal website. But that wasn’t the main problem. The main problem was that he used different names on the same photos on those websites. To show you what I mean, here are the screenshots I took back in 2016:
As you can see, the testimonial photo bearing ‘Tim from New York’ is actually a testimonial photo recycled from Bruce’s personal website. Over there it bears the name ‘Tony D, Toronto.’ The same thing goes for the photo bearing the name ‘Rachel from Dallas.’ On Bruce’s personal website, it has the name ‘Susan M, Toronto.’
During his defense, Bruce admitted that he recycled testimonial photos from Trouble Spot Nutrition (TSN) ‘because some of the methods described in the TSN program are shared with the Lean Belly program.’ But he failed to explain the screenshots above and if you look at the presentation, these particular testimonials are still up, almost three years later. So yep, still untrustworthy.
3. Annoying Marketing Tactic Still Used, Video Presentation too Long
According to Bruce’s presentation, ‘The Lean Belly Breakthrough gives you the exact 2-minute ritual for fixing the hidden cause of your stomach fat and health issues…’ but the fact is that there’s NO SUCH RITUAL in his actual product. It’s just a marketing strategy designed to capture your attention and convince you to buy the product. It’s all well and good, but many people who’ll buy this program based on this claim only to find out that the program doesn’t even have it will be disappointed. And angry. In fact, one of my readers who bought Lean Belly Breakthrough was so pissed over it that he asked for his money back. As far as he was concerned, he was lied to by Bruce’s advertising tactic.
Speaking of marketing, Lean Belly Breakthrough’s video presentation is 53 minutes long … which is an awfully-long time to spend watching a video advertisement. Just do yourself a favor by reading the text version instead … or you can go ahead and listen to the video while doing some other stuff around the house.
Final Conclusion: YES, You May Buy Lean Belly Breakthrough
Whitelisted Website: LeanBellyBreakthrough.com
Although this program
has made it into my Whitelist (Update: removed due to unrepentant scammy advertising) the cons will drastically affect its overall review score. But it is still a good program you should check out just for its pros alone … and it works. That’s the most important thing, after all.
If this review has helped you, please share this review to the relevant people. Of course, if you have used, or are using Lean Belly Breakthrough, please share your experiences with us in the comments below. Thank you!