PhenGold Weight Loss Supplement$64.95 per bottle
Author identity and qualifications7.0/10
Scientific basis of program9.0/10
Presentation of program9.0/10
- The company is not shady
- Testimonials are not stock or stolen photos
- Ingredients have scientifically proven benefits and are in the recommended dose
- Presence of moneyback guarantee
- Encourages use in combination with healthy diet and exercise
- Little information about company
- Not cheap
- Is NOT subject to US law despite being 'made in the USA'
PhenGold is a brand new weight loss supplement that claims to help you ‘lose weight faster and easier than ever before.’ But does it actually work, and should you spend your time and money on it? In this review, you’re going to get the answers to these questions and more so without wasting much of our time, let’s begin!
PhenGold, a phentermine alternative, was launched this month (November 2020). According to the manufacturer, it is an appetite suppressant and metabolism booster that will help enhance your body’s ability to burn fat. Since it’s a new product, PhenGold isn’t claiming to have helped thousands of people lose weight. But the two photo testimonials featured on their website look genuine and they are not found anywhere else on the web. That’s a good start.
What PhenGold Will Supposedly Do For You
PhenGold will reportedly help you achieve the following:
- Reduce food cravings by suppressing your appetite
- Increase metabolism to accelerate fat burning
- Achieve calorie restriction in combination with a healthy, balanced diet
- ‘Increase focus and concentration for consistent weight loss’
PhenGold claims to achieve all these through its ingredients but before we examine them, let’s talk about the company behind this product, shall we?
Who’s the Company Behind PhenGold?
PhenGold is owned by a company called Swiss Research Labs Limited. it is a private company which was incorporated in Nottingham, United Kingdom on 6 November 2019. So we’re dealing with a new company here.
PhenGold is the only product that I know of that this company offers. Time will tell if they will add more in the future.
The bottom line? This company is new, but that doesn’t mean that it is shady. Time will tell.
Now to the ingredients.
Ingredients of PhenGold
PhenGold contains the following ingredients:
1. Green Tea Extract
Green tea is well known for its antioxidant, fat burning and anti-inflammatory capabilities and has been used for years in the weight loss industry for good reason. It is also a natural source of caffeine, another proven weight loss substance.
PhenGold contains 500mg of green tea (derived from Camelia sinensis leaf) per serving, which is equivalent to around 5 cups of tea. This is within the daily recommended amount of 100-460mg of green tea.
L-theanine is a type of amino acid found in green tea. According to PhenGold, theanine has been scientifically shown to boost metabolism as well as ‘reduce stress and anxiety.’ They go on to cite this study which essentially confirms the anti-obesity effect of L-theanine when combined with caffeine. L-theanine is also shown to improve cognitive function, especially when it comes to memory and thinking.
PhenGold contains 250mg of L-theanine, which is well within the proven dose of at least 100mg. Even at that, there’s no real consensus on the recommended dose.
3. Rhodiola SP Root
Rhodiola rosea is a plant that is widely consumed as a herbal tea in Northern Europe and the Arctic region. According to PhenGold, rhodiola is a ‘natural fat burner’ which ‘reduces mental and physical fatigue.’ They then proceed to cite several studies which reportedly show that the plant also increase fat breakdown when combined with exercise in addition to other benefits.
PhenGold contains 250mg of rhodiola. There’s no recommended dose for this plant because ‘at this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses..’ [WebMD]
4. Green Coffee
Green coffee refers to coffee seeds that have not yet been roasted like the normal coffee seeds. As a result, green coffee contains a larger amount of chlorogenic acid, a chemical which PhenGold claims is ‘known for reducing the amount of fat and glucose absorbed when you eat.’
Green coffee for weight loss was popularized by Dr Oz, but till date, there is insufficient scientific evidence proving its effectiveness in combating obesity. PhenGold included links to scientific studies proving their claim, but the studies are of low quality.
PhenGold contains 100mg of green coffee. There is no standard dose.
L-tyrosine is an amino acid which the body gets by breaking down another amino acid called phenylalanine. It can also be found in foods such as eggs, fish, nuts, beans etc.
According to PhenGold, tyrosine ‘slows down the depletion of vital neurotransmitters such as dopamine and adrenaline, allowing you to stay focused and alert for longer.’ They then link to several studies which prove that tyrosine can help reduce stress, improve your memory and mental clarity so that you can focus on losing weight.
PhenGold contains 300mg of L-tyrosine. This is within the recommended dose.
6. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is a well-known hot spice which PhenGold claims ‘increases the number of calories that your body burns by triggering a powerful metabolism boosting effect known as thermogenesis.’ There is widespread evidence proving that thermogenesis aids in the burning of excess fat. But there is conflicting evidence that Capsicum, the active substance in cayenne pepper, actually has fat burning effects on those with obesity.
PhenGold contains 200mg of cayenne pepper, which is within the amount recommended for weight loss.
Other listed active ingredients include
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 15mg
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) mg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 24mcg
- Caffeine Anhydrous 250mg
- Dimethylaminoethanol bitartrate 150mg
- BioPerine black pepper 5mg
All these ingredients either boost metabolism or improves mental function to enable you stay focused on the goal of losing weight.
How to Use PhenGold
The manufacturer recommends taking three capsules of PhenGold every day, preferably before workout. Each bottle of PhenGold contains 90 capsules, which means that a bottle can last you up to 30 days.
The manufacturer also warns that their supplement should NOT replace your normal diet. In other words, don’t think that PhenGold alone will cause you to lose weight. This echoes what I pointed out in my PhenQ review concerning weight loss supplements:
… using a combination of weight loss supplements with good diet and exercise is one of the best ways of losing weight. Most genuine weight loss supplement manufacturers will tell you this. Look out for such manufacturers when searching for a supplement to add to your current routine.
Remember this rule of thumb: Supplements only enhance the function of your normal diet. They do not replace your diet!
Are There Any Side Effects?
PhenGold claims that their product doesn’t have any side effects. But looking at the ingredients and its high caffeine content, watch out for the familiar effects of caffeine. Also exercise caution if you’re the type who can’t tolerate anything with hot pepper, even though cayenne pepper is moderately hot by nature.
Who Should Use PhenGold?
PhenGold claims that it has no side effects so by default, it should be safe for everyone. But I will say that you should avoid this supplement if you are pregnant, nursing mother, diabetic or have untreated liver or kidney disease. Also consult your doctor if you are on medication to ensure that the ingredients of this supplement does not cause any interference with the drugs you’re taking.
How Much Does it Cost?
A bottle of PhenGold costs $64.95. There are two other plans:
- 2-month supply (2 bottles + 1 free): $129.90
- 3-months supply (3 bottles + 2 free): $184.85
All these plans come with ‘free and fast shipping’ and ‘an industry-leading 100 day money back guarantee.’ However, this guarantee doesn’t cover the 30-day supply (1 bottle) plan, and you must return unopened bottles with the seals intact before you can get your money back.
Pros of PhenGold
- The company behind it, though new, seems legit and not shady.
- The testimonials look genuine and are not stock or stolen photos.
- Most of the ingredients have a solid scientific backing and are within the recommended dose. This means that the supplement can indeed help you in achieving your weight loss goals.
- Presence of a moneyback guarantee.
- The manufacturer warns that dietary supplements should NOT replace a normal healthy diet. This is very important as most supplement scams will tell you otherwise!
Cons of PhenGold
- Little Information About the Company. There is sparse information about Swiss Research Labs Limited, the company behind PhenGold. All we know is that they are incorporated in the United Kingdom with offices in two locations. That doesn’t make them shady but it sure will hurt their standing when it comes to trustworthiness. Speaking of trustworthiness:
- PhenGold is ‘Made in the USA’, BUT is NOT Subject to US law. According to their sales page, PhenGold is ‘made in the USA.’ Yet in their terms and conditions, they state that their terms are governed by ‘the laws of England and Wales’ and all court disputes will be decided in the courts of the aforementioned countries. So my question is, if PhenGold was really ‘made in the USA,’ then why aren’t they also subjecting themselves to US law? I have penalized many scams for this reason, and PhenGold won’t be an exception (that’s why it’s a con). However, this problem is not as bad as that of the scams because unlike the former, PhenGold is subjecting itself to the law of the country it is incorporated in.
- Not Cheap. At $64.95 per bottle, PhenGold is only slightly cheaper than its direct competitor PhenQ. However, that doesn’t mean that PhenGold is cheap. But at least unlike PhenQ, most of PhenGold’s ingredients are within the recommended dose and so you’ll see results without having to use it for a long time.
Final Recommendation: YES, TRY PhenGold Supplement!
In conclusion, PhenGold is a new weight loss supplement with proven ingredients in their recommendation dose. The manufacturer is a relatively new company but so far, all indications show that it is not shady. So I believe that their product is worth a shot.
If this review has helped you, please don’t forget to share it with the relevant people you know. If you have used PhenGold, please share your experience with us in the comments section. Thank you!