Last updated on January 15th, 2020 at 11:47 pm
Thin From Within (Truth About Keto)$37.00 (+$19.95 shipping)
Author identity and qualifications10.0/10
Scientific basis of program10.0/10
Presentation of program9.0/10
- Super qualified author
- Real testimonials
- Solid scientific foundation
- Real value for your money
- No scammy advertising
- Lack of testimonials from third party sources
- Plays mind games with pricing
Thin From Within by well-known nutrition and fitness expert Brad Pilon is NOT a scam, and in this review you’ll find out all you need to know about this program, which I think is a better option than the over-hyped Ketogenic diet.
Created in January 2018, Thin From Within (aka Truth About Keto) is a program designed specifically for women aged 18-65. According to Pilon, this program will show you how to lose weight without having to cut off your favorite foods or resort to ketogenic diet. But before we go into details, let’s find out who Brad Pilon is, shall we?
Who is Brad Pilon?
Brad Pilon is a well-known nutrition and fitness expert. He is the author of the breakout, highly successful weight loss program Eat Stop Eat – a program based on intermittent fasting.
I did a detailed bio of Pilon in my Eat Stop Eat review so check it out for more information.
Basis of Thin From Within
From what I can infer from the awesome video presentation, Brad Pilon developed Thin From Within in response to the ketogenic diet craze currently trending on the web. In my professional opinion, I don’t recommend ketogenic diet as a reliable way of losing and keeping off lost weight because its effectiveness is as a direct result of putting your body in a functionally abnormal state which, in the long run, will lead to more serious problems if not checked.
Pilon backs me up on this issue, and goes on to highlight how ketogenic diet is particularly harmful to women. He then proposes a better, healthier way for women to lose weight and keep it off, without having to suffer the side effects commonly associated with ketogenic diet.
But before we go further, allow me to answer this question:
What is Ketogenic Diet?
Ketogenic Diet is the method of eating developed at the Mayo Clinic in the 1920s where carbs are completely eliminated from the diet, forcing the body to shut down insulin (the fat storing hormone) and burn fat instead for energy. Now the body burns fat by first converting it into compounds known as ketones, which are then used by body cells as fuel.
Now this diet wasn’t originally designed for weight loss. Its developers originally intended it to be used under medical supervision to treat epilepsy in children. Its use in epilepsy was later abandoned because of the development of anti-epileptic drugs. But recently, the ketogenic diet has become popular again because of its tendency to cause rapid weight loss in a short period of time.
Advantages of Ketogenic Diet
Apart from rapid weight loss, Ketogenic Diet has been reported to also cause the following health benefits:
- Increased cognitive function
- Increased energy
- Better digestion
- Anti aging
- Increased performance
But according to Pilon, these health benefits have not been practically shown beyond the laboratory. Kevin Pels of Massive demonstrated this perfectly in his review of keto diet supplement HVMN Ketone.
Side Effects of Ketogenic Diet
Since ketogenic diet causes the human body to function abnormally, it’s no surprise that it has potential side effects. Brad Pilon goes ahead to list some of them:
- ‘Keto Flu’: Headache, dizziness, fatigue, cramping, stomach pains, constipation, confusion, irritability, concentration problems, bad breath, difficulty sleeping. Now these symptoms can subside within days or weeks, but can reappear after the keto diet is stopped and then started again.
- Nutrient deficiency
- Electrolyte imbalance
Now while these side effects should already be a source of concern, Brad Pilon goes on to explain my biggest problem with ketogenic diet: Sustainability.
The Biggest Problem of Ketogenic Diet: Sustainability
My biggest problem with Ketogenic Diet is that it is highly unsustainable as a lifestyle. According to Pilon, there has not been a single successful long-term study of sustainability of ketogenic diet due to ‘high dropout rate, non-compliance, adverse events and side effects.’ He goes on to cite data from National Weight Control Registry, which indicates that <1% of those who lost more than 28 pounds and kept it off followed the ketogenic diet.
Another issue I have with the ketogenic diet is that you’ll suffer a massive rebound weight gain should you decide to quit the diet. So for it to work, you must monitor your blood to ensure that your body is constantly in the state of ketosis. And since it is a proven fact that your body can’t be in the state of ketosis for a lifetime, it is highly unlikely that you can keep off lost weight if you decide to quit.
Why Ketogenic Diet is Bad For Women
Now while it is an established fact that metabolism in males and females are different due to the different sex hormones, one other thing is that fat loss in both sexes are also different. This is again due to differences in hormonal composition.
One known fact is that men can tolerate harsh diets like ketogenic diet and lose weight faster than women. But another sad fact is that ketogenic diet is more dangerous to women than men. This is because, just as Pilon pointed out, ketogenic diet deactivates the hormone leptin, which is the main hormone responsible for weight loss and increased fat metabolism in women. Now combine that with a shut-down fat-storing hormone insulin, and you’ll have a recipe for disaster. In fact, cases of people on a ketogenic diet with glucose fluctuations and insulin resistance typically seen in Type 2 diabetes has been reported. Also, there are many reported cases of leptin resistance. All these symptoms ultimately leads to massive rebound weight gain, which is particularly more severe in women.
So my question is, why put your body through all these problems while there are other better, safer methods of comfortably losing weight? Please note that even though I’m not a fan of the ketogenic diet, I’m not saying that it is not a healthy way of weight loss. I’m just saying that it is a complicated, risky method of weight loss that is best used under the strict supervision of a physician as was originally intended. This is not the kind of diet program you can just purchase online and try without expert supervision.
Now let’s return to the review.
All About Thin From Within
Like I stated earlier, Thin From Within is a weight loss program designed specifically for women. Its aim is to give you the same weight loss results that the ketogenic diet gives, but without all the associated side effects. The program is built on three phases:
1. Phase 1: Microflora Rebalancing. This phase, Pilon says, is designed to help you ‘restore’ the natural balance of the good bacteria in your digestive tract. This bacterial balance is usually destroyed by bad diets and drugs, which then leads to poor digestion, constipation and other gastrointestinal symptoms normally seen in ketogenic diet. In this phase, you’ll learn of the foods you must temporarily avoid and those to add to your diet in order to get your good bacteria in good shape and your body ready for losing weight.
2. Phase 2: Metabolic Rebalancing. This is is the main weight loss phase. Here you’ll be given balanced diet recipes designed to boost metabolism in women. According to Pilon, these diets are designed to suit your female metabolism ‘as well as your body shape and size, and your current lifestyle and fitness level.’ There is also a ‘virtual nutritionist’ to help with the diets.
This phase also has a series of female body workouts to accompany the diets for maximum results. These exercises come in the form of ‘an extensive library of video coaching lessons’ reportedly designed ‘to help even the newest beginner perform the exercises in a
safe, effective and optimal manner that’s in-line with your current fitness abilities.’ It is a 12-week exercise program with 143 videos, which can be downloaded to your phone, computer or tablet for offline use.
3. Phase 3. Community, Support and Customization. This is the social aspect of Thin from Within. Here you’ll gain access to a forum of women using the program for weight loss, and you’ll not feel alone in your weight loss journey. Pilon says he has a team of Thin From Within Coaches available in the forum to answer questions, share weight loss strategies and offer other forms of support.
Pricing of Thin From Within
Thin From Within costs $37. After paying this amount, you’ll get access to everything, including the workout videos and access to the forum. But be aware that they might be upsells, so look out for that and only buy if you’ll need them.
The price does not cover shipping and handling, which costs $19.95. So be ready to pay $56.95 total.
Thin From Within also comes with a 60-day money back guarantee. So if you’re not satisfied with the program, you can ask for a refund by calling 1(844)-694-8446 or contacting them at [email protected] Please note that you’ll only be refunded $37. The shipping cost is nonrefundable.
Clickbank is the retailer of this program. So you can go directly to them for your money back also by using this guide.
Pros of Thin From Within
- Author is real and super qualified to provide services on weight loss and nutrition.
- No scammy advertising.
- Author is honest about the dangers of ketogenic diet. Many keto crooners out there only tell their prospective buyers about the good sides of the diet
- Real testimonials
- Program is based on a solid scientific foundation
- You’ll get real value for your money.
Cons of Thin From Within
1. Lack of Third Party Testimonials. Thin From Within is a relatively new program and so it doesn’t have testimonials from third party sources yet. I believe that with time, this will change.
2. Dances Around on Pricing. I don’t like it when marketers play games with pricing. If it costs $37, then tell me straight away. That’s far better than telling me it costs $97, only to then say a few moments later that no, it costs $37. This is the main problem I had with Pilon’s otherwise well-done presentation. Please stop playing mind games with pricing!
Final Conclusion: YES, BUY Thin From Within!
Whitelisted Website: Truth-About-Keto.com
Feel free to use the comments section if you have any contribution to make. Thank you!