Over 40 Ab Solution
Weight loss program full of lies and deceit. Or does it not?
Testimonials are not stolen photos
Recently made radical changes to address most of the cons listed (see video below for more details)
Program based on scientific half-truths or outright discredited research
Wicked pricing, hidden charges
Pressure tactic used
Shaun Hadsall has now repackaged this product into a new program called Over 40 Hormone Reset Diet. Of course, I’ve reviewed the new program. Read it here.
Shawn Hadsall has made radical changes to the presentation of Over 40 Ab Solution, which essentially took care of most of the scammy evidence that plagued his program as at the time of writing this review. Now does that mean that Over 40 Ab Solution no longer looks like a scam? I’ll leave that for you to decide but in the meantime, this program will no longer be in my Blacklist (but isn’t going anywhere near my Whitelist though.)
Meanwhile, be sure to watch the video embedded below this article for details on the changes Hadsall has made on his program’s presentation.
Is Over 40 Ab Solution by fitness trainer Shaun Hadsall a scam or not? In my opinion, I think it is a scam and in this review you’ll find out why I reached this conclusion.
In this comprehensive review I’m not just going to deal with this product, but I’m also going to relate it to his older programs The 4 Cycle Solution and 14 Day Rapid Fat Loss Plan. So take your time and study it as it is going to be interesting!
Created in 2015, Over 40 Ab Solution boasts that it can help you to ‘instantly SHRINK and INCINERATE “Stubborn” Fat Cells In 12 Minutes FLAT.’ It claims that the ‘secret 12-minute metabolic trick’ it possesses ‘will instantly “reactivate” DECLINING fat loss hormones helping even the most frustrated men and women over 40 quickly SEE their belly get flatter and their trouble spots get tighter in LESS than 7 days from now.’ As the name suggests, the program is created for men and women over 40 years old. But then Hadsall goes on to post this warning:
So who is this program for: People over 40 or people over 35? That’s by the way.
Let’s find out who this Shaun Hadsall is, shall we?
Who is Shaun Hadsall?
At Over 40 Ab Solution, Shaun Hadsall never tells us who he actually is. But at his other product 14 Day Rapid Fat Loss Plan, he calls himself ‘a fat-loss coach and nutrition expert.’ He never tells us how he qualified to be a fitness coach, except for the claim that he was the first runner-up of the Body-for-LIFE contest in 1998. Well I checked at Body-for-LIFE website, and Hadsall is NOT mentioned anywhere in their records.
The same scenario played out when I tried to verify his claim that he has been featured in/on Amazon, New York Times Bestsellers, Oxygen, ESPN, etc. Search for him on those websites, and you’ll come up with nothing.
Hadsall goes on to claim that he and his wife Karen opened and ran a ‘world’s Top 10 personal training studio franchise’ in Michigan ‘for over five years straight.’ He however, does not tell us the name of this training studio so that we can check it out ourselves.
Finally, Hadsall runs a blog called Get Lean in 12, where he writes on fitness and weight loss tips. One of my favorite articles on his blog is this piece on how skipping breakfast burns belly fat like crazy. However, he fails to tell you that those who skip their breakfast are most likely to regain lost weight than those who eat breakfast [CBass.com]. Bottom line: Skipping breakfast definitely leads to weight loss, BUT you will eventually gain them all back in the long run. Eating breakfast prevents that from happening.
So as you can see, there are a lot of questions regarding Hadsall’s qualifications. Well, he contacted Contra Health Scam to clear this up:
1. Concerning the Body-for-LIFE claim
Hadsall: I placed 1st runner up in the Body for Life Challenge (the name was changed from the EAS physique transformation challenge to Body for Life) when I entered the contest. The reason I’m not mentioned anywhere on the newer website is because the old site was taken down when the company was sold–so they only post contestants that placed 1st… I was 1st Runner Up behind Scott Nelson.
2. On His Getting Featured on Oxygen, New York Times Bestsellers, etc.
Hadsall: I own a global license for Macro-Patterning which was featured in 2 NY times best selling books (Crack the Fat Loss Code and Conquer the Fat Loss Code by Wendy Chant who passed away a few years back when she gave the license). I was featured on ESPN as a spokesperson for EAS supplements when I placed 1st runner up in the BFL.
(Hadsall also showed me photo and other documented proof that he was indeed featured in the other claimed publications/organizations.)
3. Concerning the ‘World’s Top 10’ Studio
Hadsall: I owned and operated a Fitness Together franchise for over 5 years and we were #8 in the world out of over 350 franchises… I don’t mention the name because the franchise won’t allow me to after selling my studios.
1. Backstory of Over 40 Ab Solution
Hadsall tells us about how his 56-year old wife Karen was diagnosed with colorectal cancer, and how the subsequent chemotherapy/radiotherapy caused her to gain belly fat and go into ‘early menopause.’ She allegedly tried everything to lose this belly fat and failed. After hearing her cry and complain in frustration, Hadsall heads out to find the best fat loss solution for people her age. That was how he allegedly discovered the ‘missing link’ for people over 40. Karen applied this missing link and ‘fast-forward to 10 weeks later’ … she lost 22 pounds and became ’10 years younger.’
Hadsall provided well-labeled photos to authenticate his story:
However, I have an issue with these photos. Why? Because these same photos were used on 14-Day Rapid Fat Loss Plan and The 4-Cycle Solution!
Again, 4 Cycle Solution was created in 2010 while 14 Day Rapid Fat Loss Plan was created in 2011. As stated earlier, Over 40 Ab Solution was created in 2015. So this leads me to ask the following questions:
- Which product did Karen use to achieve her weight loss: Over 40 Ab Solution, The 4 Cycle Solution or 14 Day Rapid Fat Loss Plan?
- Did she lose 22 pounds (Over 40 Ab Solution, The 4 Cycle Solution) or 23 pounds (14 Day Rapid Fat Loss Plan)?
- Did Karen lose 22/23 pounds in 8 weeks (The 4 Cycle Solution) or in 10 weeks (Over 40 Ab Solution, The 4 Cycle Solution)?
- Are all these programs the same? If yes, why is Shaun Hadsall selling them separately?
Again, here is Shaun Hadsall to answer these questions.
Hadsall: The story about my wife is 100% true. We discovered the protocols used for the product after her cancer journey AND the strategies used in my other products are the same strategies used in The Over 40 Ab Solution.
If you wanna bash my 22 vs. 23 pounds… or 8 vs 10 weeks inconsistencies… I could care less!
Hope Hadsall has cleared the air? OK. Now to the product itself.
All About Over 40 Ab Solution
According to the description on the pitch page, Over 40 Ab Solution is the ‘world’s first and only zone training’ for people over 40, which is designed to ‘turn on your fountain of youth in 12 minutes flat.’ This it claims to achieve by making your body pass through three zones:
Zone 1: Prime.
This zone supposedly keeps your metabolism and hormones in such a state that you burn fat instead of carbs or muscle protein anytime you use the Over 40 Ab Solution. These ‘primers’ are three in number:
- Primer #1 supposedly ‘FLATLINES your body’s #1 fat storage hormone so you can easily, and automatically, access your most stubborn fat cells.’ Hadsall never mentions this hormone, but I think he’s referring to insulin, the body’s major fat storing hormone.
- Primer #2 supposedly releases the hormones that specifically allows your body to access ‘stubborn’ fat cells. However, Hadsall never mentions these hormones. In fact, the article he referenced to authenticate this primer (scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on number 12) talks about an entirely unrelated subject: Urinary stones.
- Primer #3 is a ‘metabolic trick’ that ‘naturally’ releases more growth hormone during and after workout. To prove this, Hadsall links to a research article stating that increased blood lactate level as a result of exercise plays a major role in the release of growth hormone in people over 35. Hadsall believes that growth hormone can help you in burning belly fat. But he failed to mention that growth hormone does NOT cause weight loss in obese people [WebMD].
Zone 2: Release:
This zone is where your ‘fountain of youth’ is supposedly turned on. It consists of 3 ‘specific movements’:
- Movement #1 is the alleged ‘missing link’ that ‘turns on your fountain of youth.’ According to Hadsall, this movement is a ‘simple 20-second belly burning trick that releases the ONE and ONLY fat loss hormone responsible for breaking apart “trapped” fat cells so they can be burned off and permanently REMOVED from your body.’ Hadsall never mentions this hormone (which I think is either leptin or glucagon), but he linked to a Clarence Bass article stating that people who do 20-second High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) lose more subcutaneous fat than those who work out for long periods. However, Hadsall failed to mention that in the same article, Bass clearly warned that this kind of workout is NOT suitable for beginners, obese people not used to exercise and those at risk for health problems.
- Movement #2 is ‘a simple 30-second movement that increases your “youth hormones” up to 450% making you look years younger in just a few short weeks.’ Hadsall never tells us about these ‘youth hormones’, but linked to a research article talking about how 10-minute high intensity exercise boosts your body’s growth hormone level.
- Movement #3, using Hadsall’s words, is ’60-second fat burning shortcut that is THE fastest way to drain your body of unwanted energy reserves so you can get leaner—FASTER.’ Hadsall claims you will NEVER hit a weight loss plateau if you perform this unknown movement.
Zone 3: Flush
This zone works by allegedly ‘flushing out’ the fat in your belly, making it look flatter in ‘only 12 minutes a day.’ Hadsall claims that you will definitely regain all your previously lost ‘stubborn fat cells’ if you don’t enter this zone.
Zone 3 consists of 3 ‘secrets’:
- Secret #1 is supposedly the ‘one and only movement’ that stops your body from regenerating the ‘stubborn fat cells.’
- Secret #2 is the alleged ‘long forgotten “old school” trick used by Fitness Models and Professional Bodybuilders to whittle away their last few pounds of stubborn fat.’ The 2007 study Hadsall referenced for this ‘secret’ supports the possibility of ‘targeted’ or ‘spot’ weight loss. But we all know that spot reduction (targeted weight loss) is a myth! In fact, if you follow the results of this study Hadsall referenced, you will keep on doing ab exercises for a very, very long time. [NoBSBB.com, LookGreatNaked.com]
- Secret #3 is a 2-minute exercise that supposedly ‘finishes off’ the removal of your body’s stubborn fat cells. Hadsall doesn’t explain how this exercise works.
So as you can see, the presentation of Over 40 Ab Solution is full of half-truths and deceit. It is also laden with potentially dangerous fat loss suggestions (the idea of shutting down the body’s no.1 fat storage hormone). Again, Over 40 Ab Solution is NOT suitable for ‘every man and woman over 40.’ The correct statement should be ‘suitable for non-obese men and women over 40 without risk for health problems.’
Apart from these, there are other problems with Over 40 Ab Solution:
1. Scammy Advertising
Over 40 Ab Solution is rife with scammy advertising. For example, Hadsall spends several minutes in his presentation video telling you that the money-hungry Big Pharma and the weight loss industry have conspired to tell you lies so that they’ll keep selling you products that do not treat the cause of your problem. According to him, the weight loss industry intentionally hid 4 research findings from the public, yet ironically, the supposedly hidden research findings are available online for everyone to use. In fact, Hadsall even cited them below his presentation video, but for some reason, he left out posting the links to them. So who is hiding the research now?
Hadsall also insinuates that your weight issues has nothing to do with genetics (a big, fat lie). And then there is the pop-up preventing you from leaving the video page.
2. Recycled Testimonials.
All the testimonials on Over 40 Ab Solution are actually photos recycled from Hadsall’s older products 14 Day Rapid Fat Loss Plan and The 4 Cycle Solution. Of course, this is not the first time I’ve encountered this. Bruce Krahn of Lean Belly Breakthrough and ‘Craig Ballantyne’ of 6 Minutes To Skinny did the same thing.
Again, Hadsall has an explanation.
Hadsall: Any of the recycled testimonials are just clients that used 14 Day and 4 Cycle too, along with Over 40 Ab Solution, which is all the same info repackaged inside the newer product.
2. Wicked Pricing, Pressure Tactic Used
On the video page, Over 40 Ab Solution is priced at $20. But if you happen to be on the text version of the website and scroll down to the pricing area, you’ll see a 15-minute countdown timer offering you a 75% off on a $89 product. If you do not make up your mind in 15 minutes and later click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button, you’ll indeed pay $89. But return to the page by clicking the ‘back’ button on your browser … and the countdown timer resets itself, starting from the beginning.
If you fall for his antics and buy his product, you will be billed $7 monthly for access to ‘Get Lean in 12 Club.’ Hadsall never mentions this ‘club’ in his Over 40 Ab Solutions pitch page.
This is the most wicked pricing I’ve ever seen so far. Don’t fall for it!
Final Conclusion: Over 40 Ab Solution Looks Like A SCAM!
Alternatives to Over 40 Ab Solution
1. Trim Down Club. This is an 8-week weight loss community program designed by a team of experienced dietitians and scientists. For just $1.99, you’ll get one-month access to an amazing Menu Planner, 8-week weight loss eating plan, free access to free expert consultation and much more. You can either join now or read my review for more details.
2. Eat Stop Eat. This is an amazing weight loss program that has stood the test of time. Written by nutrition expert Brad Pilon, Eat Stop Eat promises to show you the correct way of doing intermittent fasting – a proven method of losing weight. You can either get the program now or read my review for more details.
So far, I have not seen any positive feedback for this product anywhere on the web, apart from the testimonials posted on the pitch page. The feedback I’ve gotten so far from this product is scanty and so far, negative. But I need more feedback from those who have used this product. So if you’ve used it, I’ll appreciate it if you can share your opinion with me on the comments section. Thank you!